Please note: All interested non-SA postgraduates should apply via their institute's Research Capacity Development Office.
The DST and NRF are pleased to announce the 2014 Call for Innovation Masters and Doctoral Scholarships for non-South African Students
The following eligibility criteria listed below applies:
• Scholarships are open to full-time registered students at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI)
• Any qualification obtained outside of South Africa must include a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) accreditation certificate for the application to be considered
• Full- time employees of HEI’s are not eligible to apply
• Applicants should have obtained an aggregate of at least 60% in their previous degree
• Applicants that already hold a degree at the level for which they are applying are not eligible
• All NRF scholarships awards should be held as primary funding towards the research study
• Scholarships must not be held simultaneously with a bursary/ scholarship from any other government, NRF, or NRF administered source
• Scholarship-holders are allowed to hold non-binding supplementary grants or emoluments to half the value of the NRF award or should the host university have an institutional capped value, the award can be supplemented to the university capped value for the level of study.
All applicants should only complete an application if
. they meet all the eligibility criteria of the call/programme to be considered VIA their
. Institute's Research Capacity Development Office and in consultation with their supervisors
. to be submitted by 17/9.
Further information: https://nrf.ac.za